Pineapple Sponge Cake is super delicious cake which you can enjoy with your morning or evening tea time or any time when you feel hungry. Pineapple sponge cake is not any seasonal recipe, whether it is summer or winter you can make it anytime, it’s a perfect dessert for any special occasion. A little bit sour taste of pineapple makes this cake more yummy and delicious. Pineapple sponge cake is very easy to make recipe at home. You can try different variations in making it. Here I am sharing a simple pineapple sponge cake recipe, which you can easily find in the bakery shops and also make it easily by yourself. Enjoy this pineapple sponge cake with sweetened fruit or tea.
– 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
– 1 1/2 cups refined flour (maida)
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 6 egg whites
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 ? cups caster sugar
– 6 egg yolks
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
How To Cook?
1. Preheat the oven at 325 C and take a 10-inch ring cake tin and do not grease it.
2. Now, heat a small saucepan and add pineapple juice, boil it till it reduce to ? cup of liquid. After that transfer it in a bowl and keep it aside to cool.
3. In a small bowl, sift refined flour and baking powder together.
4. Now, take a large bowl and using beat egg whites with the help of eggbeater till frothy.
5. Then add salt to it and whipped gently. Now add ? cup of caster sugar and again whipped till it becomes soft peaks form. Keep it aside.
6. Now, in another large bowl, add remaining caster sugar, egg yolks and vanilla extract and beat it and make smooth and fluffy mixture.
7. Now, fold the reduced pineapple juice and flour mixture in it.
8. Then, whisk the egg white mixture and egg yolks mixture in a quantity of one (egg white) and two or three (egg yolks) and fold both the Ingredients together until no bands of egg whites remains visible. Pour this mixture into ring cake tin.
9. Now, Place the tin into the oven and bake it for 55 to 60 minutes or till it turns golden. You can also check the cake with toothpick, insert it into the center of the cake and if it comes out clean then your cake is ready.
10. After this demould the cake and let it cool to room temperature.
11. Now, cut into slices or wedges and serve it. Enjoy!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour