• 1/2 kg – Chicken
• 2 – onions, chopped
• 4 – green chillies, slit
• 4 tbsp – garlic, ground
• 10 – red chillies, crushed
• 1 tbsp – Vinegar
• 2 tbsp – Tomato paste
• 2 sprigs – Curry leaves
• 1/2 cup – oil
• Salt to taste
• Coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with crushed chillies, garlic paste, vinegar and salt for 3-4 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the onions till brown. Remove from oil and keep aside.
- In the same oil, saute curry leaves and marinated chicken pieces.
- Add a little water and cook the chicken pieces on a low flame.
- Grind the fried onions and add with tomato paste.
- Add this paste with a little water to the chicken and simmer.
- When the oil separates from the gravy, add the slit green chillies.
- Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Friends cookys