A sumptuous mixture of refined flour and potatoes makes an amazing crunchy potato chakali snack, and of course potatoes are a favorite with most people. This snack is utterly delicious, and this crispy deep fried potato chakali is good accompaniment with tea. These will be a favorite with adults and children alike. Learn the way to prepare this popular Diwali occasion snack.
Preparation Time: 20-35 minutes
Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes
Servings: 4 Persons
– 500 gm potatoes, boiled andamp; mashed
– 2 cups refined flour
– 1 teaspoon red chili powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 2 tablespoons butter
– Salt to taste
– Oil for frying
How To Cook?
1. Tie the refined flour in a thin cotton cloth and steam it for about 15-20 minutes.
2. Once it cooled completely open the refined flour bundle. It will hard so grate it with grater and sieve it if you find any crystal, crush it with the finger.
3. In a bowl, Mix together the sieved refined flour, mashed potatoes, oil and rest of the Ingredients. Mix them well and form a soft dough but make sure it is not sticky. (Add water if required)
4. Take a little portion of dough and fill it in a chakali maker.
5. Now, take a newspaper and press the maker and make chakali by giving it spiral shape.
6. Heat oil over high flame in a skillet. When oil is moderately hot, deep fry the chakali in hot oil until light golden.
7. Drain and set aside to cool completely.
8. Celebrate your Diwali festival with this crunchy savory.