• 1/2 kg – finely minced Meat (beef).
• 1 – medium sized Onion chopped finely.
• 2 tsp – pepper powder.
• Salt to taste.
• 3 tbsp – oil.
• 1 Egg beaten.
• 2 tbsp – breadcrumbs.
• 3 – large potatoes.
- Boil the potatoes, remove the skin and mash well.
- Keep aside.
- In a pan add the mince, onions, pepper powder and salt with a little oil and cook till the mince is dry.
- Remove from heat and cool for some time.
- Form the mashed potatoes into even sized balls.
- Make a depression in the centre and fill with the pepper mince.
- Flatten each ball to form a round cutlet.
- Dip in the beaten egg then roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a flat pan and shallow fry the cutlets on low heat till golden brown on both sides.
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White