Pudina rice the mint flavored rice. This rice dish gives you a feel of refreshment and also full of flavor of spices. It is very simple, easy and quick to make. The flavor of mint enhances the taste of rice. Pudina rice is prepared with basmati rice and spices which will be your best healthy meal option for lunch or dinner. Pudina rice is served with onion raita. Prepare this flavorful dish for lunch or dinner or anytime you want.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Servings: 2 Persons
– ? cup basmati rice
– ? cup mint leaves
– ? cup finely chopped coriander leaves
– ? teaspoon lemon juice
– ? teaspoon finely chopped ginger
– 2-3 garlic cloves
– 2 tablespoons fresh grated coconut
– 1 green cardamom
– 2 cloves
– 1 cinnamon stick, broken into two pieces
– 1 bay leaf
– 1 finely chopped green chilli
– 1 medium sliced onion
– Water as require
– Salt to taste
– 1 tablespoon ghee or oil
– Few fresh mint leaves, for garnish
– Roasted cashew nuts, for garnish
How To Cook?
1. First, wash rice 2 to 3 times and soak them in 1 cup of water for about 15-20 minutes.
2. When the rise is soaked, add them in a pan along with soaked water and cover it with lid and boil on MEDIUM flame.
3. When the water starts boiling reduce the flame and cook it for 10 minutes.
4. Now, add mint leaves, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic and grated coconut to the mixture blender and blend it to smooth paste.
5. Now, turn off the flame and remove the lid from the pan then transfer rice to another plate and let it cool.
6. Now in another pan, heat oil in and add bay leaf, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick and saut? it and let it fragrant.
7. Now, add chopped green chilli and sliced onion and saut? it until light brown.
8. Then add mint paste to it and mix well then again saut? it for 2-3 minutes.
9. Now, add cooked rice and salt and mix it gently.
10. After 2-3 minutes switch of the flame and transfer it to the serving bowl.
11. Garnish it with roasted cashew nuts and fresh mint leaves.
12. Enjoy, this pudina rice with any raita.