Achari Baingan is the small baby brinjals cooked in onion, seeds and spices. The dish becomes more tasty when gets the flavor of tamarind paste. It is the main course dish to be served with roti or naan.
– 8 – 10 small to medium size brinjals
– 2 tablespoon oil
– A pinch of asafetida (hing)
– 1 tablespoon fennel (saunf)
– 1 tablespoon tomato puree
– 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
– 1 tablespoon tamarind (imli) paste
– 1 tablespoon onion-chilli paste
– 1/2 tablespoon mustard seeds (rai)
– 1/2 tablespoon dried raw mango powder (amchoor)
– Salt, red chilli powder, pepper to taste
How to Cook?
1. wash and slit the brinjals.
2. Add 1 tablespoon oil in a microwave safe dish and dry masalas and covered it for 1 minute at 100% power. Keep aside after it ready.
3. Take another microwave safe bowl and add ginger-garlic paste, onion-chilli paste and tomato puree and mix well.
4. Cover microwave at 100% power for 2 minute. Fill previously made masalas into the slit brinjals.
5. Apply a little oil over the brinjals. Cover microwave for 5 to 6 minutes at 100% power, do turning in between.?
6. At last, add tamarind (imli) paste and mix very well. Now, again cover microwave for 2 minute at 100% power.?
7. Serve hot with roti or chapatti.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes