• 6 – Green chillies (add more if you want very spicy).
• Ginger small piece.
• 5 pods – Garlic.
• 1 kg – Chicken.
• 1 tbsp – pepper.
• Cinnamon, Clove and bay leaves; crushed.
• 1 – Capsicum (Bell peppers) cut into long strips.
• 1 – Onion cut into small strips, just little.
• Salt to taste.
- Heat oil, add cinnamon, clove and bay leaves crushed.
- Saute the onions in oil.
- Make a paste out of the green chillies, garlic and ginger.
- Add the paste to the sauteed onions, fry well.
- Add chicken and fry well in the masala.
- Add very little water and cook the chicken well.
- When there is just little water left, add the pepper and mix well.
- Now add the capsicum in the chicken and fry well.
- Please note, most of the water should be absorbed when capsicum is added, since capsicum will leave water.
- Also it should not be over cooked also.
- Fry well and garnish with cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Muthiah