• 1 – raw pickling Mango
• 1 tsp – Methi seeds
• 1 tsp – chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp – Tamarind paste
• 1 tbsp – jaggery/sugar
• 1-2 tsp – oil
• 1/2 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 3-4 – Curry leaves
• A generous pinch of Asafoetida
• Salt, to taste
- Chop the raw mango finely and keep aside.
- Dry roast the methi seeds for a minute and powder them in a blender; do not add water while powdering.
- Heat oil in a pan; temper with mustard seeds, curry leaves and hing.
- Add the chopped mangoes and cook until they are tender; add a little water if required.
- Add the powdered methi, chilli powder, jaggery, tamarind, salt and mix well.
- Let cook for a couple of more minutes.
- Adjust ingredients according to taste.
- Remove from stove and serve hot with rice, rotis or even dosa.