• 1/2 kg – very ripe Tomatoes
• 2 tbsp – Tomato ketchup
• 1/2 – medium white onion, cut into slices
• 2 – medium Garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
• 1 tsp – chilli flakes
• 1 tsp – salt
• 2 tbsp – chopped coriander
• 1 tsp- Lime juice
- Heat the broiler and arrange a rack in the upper half of the oven.
- Place the tomato halves skin-side up on a baking sheet.
- Broil until the tomato skins start to blacken and blister, for about 7 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic.
- Transfer the vegetables to a blender, add the measured salt, and blend into a smooth puree.
- Transfer to a medium heatproof bowl and let it cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the coriander and lime juice, tomato Ketchup and season with more salt and lime juice.
- Store in the refrigerator and use with chips or tortillas.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi