3 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar or 3 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup (200 gm) powdered sugar
1. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar or lemon juice in a bowl, until foamy. You can use an electric beater.
2. Gradually add sugar, beating well.
3. Beat for 5-7 minutes.
4. Add desired food color, if required.
5. This icing dries very quickly so keep it covered.
6. Use for decorating your cake on top of any icing.
7. When the mixture becomes very hard, add enough hot water for the desired coating consistency.