Sabudana Vada is very common recipe that is made during fasting/upvas/vrat. In this navratri season, you can make it to eat. In India, during navratri people are doing fasting for 9 days, Sabudana Vada doesn’t contain, garlic, onions and any other items which is not eaten during fasting. Fried sago (sabudana) and potatoes made especially during fast in India. With Sago (sabudana) you can make many recipes like sabudana khichdi, sabudana kheer, sabudana thalipeeth, sabudana bhel and made which are very easy and healthy to eat during fasting. Here is the recipe for sabudana vada that can be serve with sweet curd, coriander chutney.
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons
– 2 cups Sago (sabudana)
– 3 boiled and smashed potatoes
– 3 chopped green chilies
– 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– Sendha Salt (rock salt) to taste ? a kind of salt specially used to make food during fasts
– Oil to deep fry
How To Make?
1. Take sabudana in a bowl and wash it and the soak the sabudana for 4-5 hours or overnight with required water to cover it.
2. When sabudana absorbed the water and look plumped up its ready to use now.
3. Now drain the water from sago and ensure it doesn’t contain water.
4. Now, boiled the potatoes and once it ready meshed it and keep it aside.
5. Then in a bowl mix sago, smashed potatoes, green chilies, lemon juice, coriander leaves, and sendha salt and mix it well.
6. Now, make small balls from these mixture. Take one ball in your palm and with your hand press it and shape it into medium sized patties.
7. Repeat the same procedure for all balls.
8. Now, heat the oil in frying fan and deep fry vadas till it turns golden brown in color. Remove it from oil and drain on absorbent paper.
9. Garnish sabudana vada with coriander leaves, sweet curd and serve hot.