• 4 hard boiled eggs, shelled and cut into quarters
• 250 grams – gram flour (substitute with plain flour or Maida if gram flour is not available)
• 1 tsp – chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp – salt
• A pinch of baking soda or baking powder
• Oil for Deep Frying
- Mix the gram flour, chilli powder, baking soda and salt to a smooth paste with sufficient water.
- The batter should not be too thin or too thick.
- Heat oil in a Deep frying pan till smoky.
- Dip each quartered egg into the batter, coat well, then drop into the hot oil (as many as the pan can hold).
- Fry till golden brown all over.
- Drain and serve with sauce or chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White