• 12 slices sandwich bread
• 4 tbsp – Butter
• 6 hard-boiled eggs
• 3 tbsp – mayonnaise
• 1 tbsp – Tomato sauce
• 2 tbsp – Lime juice
• 1 tbsp – pepper powder
• salt to taste
- Flatten each slice of bread with a rolling pin.
- Chop the hard boiled eggs into very small pieces.
- Mix the chopped eggs with the mayonnaise, pepper, salt, tomato sauce and lime juice.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Spread the devilled eggs mixture liberally on each slice of bread.
- Roll the slices tightly and tie with a thread.
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- When hot drop in the rolls slowly, one at a time, and fry on medium heat till crisp and brown.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or chilli sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White