Laksa is a very popular Asian soup. You can use all your favorite seafood types. Always use fresh and sustainable seafood types. You can store it for 4 to 5 days into the refrigerator.
– 1 tablespoon finely sliced lemon grass
– 270 ml coconut cream
– 2 fish fillets or 300 gm. king prawns or both
– 1 tablespoon oil
– 1-2 tablespoons laksa paste
– 1 tablespoon fish sauce
– 1 packet of bean shoots
– 2 cloves garlic crushed
– 1 packet of vermicelli noodles
– Salt to taste
– 1,125 ml fish stock
How to Cook?
1. In a large bowl cook laksa paste, oil, lemon grass and garlic for 1 min. on HIGH flame stirring once during cooking.
2. Add fish sauce, fish stock, salt and cook for 3 mints on HIGH flame.
3. Add cubed fish and/or deveined prawns and cook for 7 minutes on MEDIUM flame. Stir through coconut cream and cook for a further 2 mints.
4. Add noodles to a large bowl of boiling water and let stand for 5-10 minutes, or until noodles collapse.
5. In a serving bowl place bean shoots, noodles and then laksa soup.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Garnish with freshly torn coriander and fried onion flakes and serve hot.