Sev-Khamani or Amiri Khaman is a famous Gujarati Cuisine. It is very delicious and perfect for any occasion. People like to have it in the breakfast and also it’s an anytime snacks. The reason behind they known as amiri khaman is that the proportion of oil in this dish is more. But it is very easy to make. There are two way to make Sev-Khamani.
– 200 gm soaked chana dal
– 4-5 tablespoons oil
– 1/4 teaspoon muster seeds
– 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
– 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 8-9 curry leaves
– 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic paste
– 1 tablespoon ginger- green chilli paste
– Salt to taste
– 1/4 teaspoon soda bi-carb
– 1 tablespoon sugar
– 3/4 cup water
– 1/4 cup Nylon sev, for garnish
– 1/4 cup Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
– coriander leaves, for garnish
– 1 tablespoon grated coconut, for garnish
How To Make?
1. Soak the chana dal for 5-6 hours.
2. Once the chana dal soaked drain the excess water from it. Place the chana dal in a mixture grinder and add little bit of water, then grind it and make coarse paste.
3. Now, heat 5 tablespoon of oil in a pan and add muster seeds.
4. When they crackled add asafoetida, turmeric powder, curry leaves, garlic paste, ginger-green chilli paste and coarse paste chana dal. Mix it well and stir for a minute.
5. Now, add water and cover the pan with the lid and let it cook for 10-15 minutes on LOW flame and keep stirring in between.
6. When the mixture avoids sticking the bottom of the pan and oil will be separated on sides then it is cooked, now add sugar and stir it for 2-3 minutes.
7. Turn off the flame and transfer the khamani into the plate.
8. Finally, garnish this sev khamani with nylon sev, grated coconut, pomegranate seeds and coriander leaves.
Preparation Time: 5-6 Hours
Cooking Time: 20-25 Minutes
Servings: 2-3 Persons