• 1 kg – chicken, cut into small pieces
• 4 tbsp – Jeera (cumin seeds )
• 2 tbsp – black pepper
• 2 tbsp – crushed Red Chilli powder
• 4 – medium sized onions, finely chopped
• 2 – Lemons
• To taste – salt
• 2 tbsp – oil
• To make a coarse paste :
• 1/3 cup – Ginger
• 1/3 cup – Garlic
• 1/3 cup – Green chillies
- Roast cumin seeds and black pepper in a pan on an open flame.
- Grind coarsely.
- Add red chilli powder to make the dry spice powder.
- Set half of the mixture aside.
- Marinate the chicken pieces in one half of the dry powder and half of the coarse paste made with ginger, garlic, green chilli, for 2-3 hours.
- Heat the oil. Add chopped onions and fry till, light golden brown.
- Add the marinated chicken and saute on medium high heat.
- Add salt to taste.
- Stir continuously till the chicken becomes tender.
- Add the remainder of the dry and wet mixture.
- Reduce heat and cover container.
- Add some water, if gravy base is desired.
- Continue heating, stirring occasionally, till chicken is fully cooked.
- Squeeze in the lime juice and sprinkle with fresh green coriander.
Recipe courtesy of Moulin