• 1 cup – Rice
• 1 tbsp – thoor dal
• 1 flat tsp – whole black pepper
• 1 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1 tsp – Urad Dal
• Â¼ tsp – Hing
• 4 or 5 – Red Chillies
• 1 stem – Curry leaves
• 1 tbsp – Coconut (grated)
• 3 tbsp – oil
• salt to taste
- Take rice, tuvar dal and pepper. Grind dry in such a way that they feel like rava.
- Take oil in a pressure cooker, add all other ingredients except coconut.
- Once the dal turns light pink, add 4 cups of water.
- When the water starts to boil, add salt, coconut and also add the rice powder.
- Keep the heat low and stir well till the rice is 90% cooked.
- The consistency should be in such a way that you should be able to make balls.
- Once it is cool, make small balls (big lime size) and flatten it between your palms.
- Shallow fry these flattened adais on a tawa like cutlets.
- Keep turning the adais till they turn golden brown or crisp.
- Serve with a chutney of your choice.
Recipe courtesy of Sashikala