Soan papadi is crispy Indian sweets recipe. Soan papdi is made from besan, ghee, flour and sugar. Cardamom powder gives rich taste to the soan papdi. To make soan papdi at home is very easy and you can prepare it easily. Here is the recipe to make the soan papdi.
– 2 cup besan
– 2 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoon milk
– 2 cup sugar
– 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
– 2 cup ghee
– 2 cup water
– 4″ squares cut from a thin polythene sheet
How To Make?
1. In a bowl, sift besan and maida together.
2. In a heavy bottomed frying pan, heat the ghee. Then add flour mixture and roast it on a LOW flame till it turns golden brown in color. Keep stirring. Once it’s ready keep it aside to cool.
3. Now to prepare a syrup, add milk, sugar into pan and boil it on a MEDIUM heat. Boil it until the syrup becomes thick then remove it from the flame and set aside to cool.
4. Now, pour this syrup into the flour mixture and beat well with a large fork till the mixture forms threadlike flakes.
5. Then pour this mixture on to a greased late and roll to 1″ thickness lightly.
6. Now, sprinkle the cardamom powder to the mixture and let it cool.
7. Once it’s completely cool, cut into small square pieces.
8. Garnish it with the chopped pistachios and wrap each pieces with the thin plastic sheet. Store the soan papdi in the airtight container.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes