• Chicken – 1 – 1.5 lb (preferably use large drumsticks, thighs pieces)
• Onions – 2 big
• Tomatoes – 1 big
• Green chillies – 3 – slit halfway lengthwise
• Ginger Garlic paste – 2 to 3 tsp
• Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
• Chilli powder – 2 tsp
• Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
• Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
• Cumins seed powder – 1/2 tsp
• Garam Masala – 1 tsp
• Salt – to taste
• Coriander leaves and Curry leaves
- Pressure cook the chicken pieces adding a little turmeric, salt and water.
- In a pan, heat oil, add the garam masala and onions.
- Saute the onions for a while. Then, add the ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Then add the tomatoes, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder, green chillies and salt.
- Fry this mixture for a while, maybe adding a little bit of water.
- Add to this the coriander, curry leaves and mix.
- When the oil comes out on top, add the cooked chicken pieces and mix well to coat all the pieces with the masala.
- Fry until all the water drains out. Make sure not to stir the pieces too much as this will break the chicken pieces and mash them up.
- Spicy chicken fry is ready.
- Goes well as a side dish for rice dishes/biryanis.
Recipe courtesy of Priya Madhan