• Spinach-1 bunch
• Besan-1 cup
• Ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
• Green chillies-3, finely chopped
• Cumin seeds-1 tsp
• Chilli powder to taste
• Salt to taste
• Sesame seeds-1 tsp
• Red chillies-2
• Curry leaves-6
• Hing a pinch
• Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
• Dry Coconut powder-to garnish
- Mix finely chopped spinach, besan, ginger-garlic paste, cumin, chilli powder, salt, chopped green chillies. Make balls out of this mixture. Deep fry in oil and keep aside. In a pan take spoon full of oil, add sesame seeds, curry leaves, hing, and mustard seeds, let it splutter.
- Then add spinach balls to this, one cup of water and let it cook until water gets evaporated.
- Garnish with coconut powder. Serve with rice or chapattis.
Recipe courtesy of Veena Bhaskar