• 2 Snake gourds – cut into 2 to 3 inch circular pieces (10-12 pieces)
• Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
• 1 big – onion, finely chopped
• Cilantro – finely chopped
• Chilly powder
• Turmeric powder
• Gram flour(besan) – 3 tbsp
• salt to taste
• Oil for cooking
- Mix all the above ingredients except snake gourd pieces. Stuff the gourd pieces.
- In a pan, keep oil for heating and add the pieces.
- Sprinkle the leftover filling on top of the pieces.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cover the pan.
- After 15 minutes, flip the pieces over and check to see if they are golden brown.
- Repeat the process on the other side and check for doneness.
- Serve hot with rice and dal or rasam.
Recipe courtesy of Kiran