• 12 Chicken drumsticks, without skin
• 3 tbsps – tandoori paste or tandoori powder
• 3 tsps – ginger-garlic paste
• 1.25 cup – thick Yoghurt
• 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 2 tsps – each of coriander powder, garam masala, cumin powder
• 1-2 tbsps – Lemon juice
• 1 tsp – salt
• 1 tbsp oil + additional oil for grilling
• 3-4 Lemons – halved
• chaat masala – for serving
- Pierce the chicken legs at several places with a fork or the tip of a knife. Rub the tandoori paste and the ginger-garlic paste on the chicken and marinate, covered in a bowl in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Stir the remaining ingredients into the yogurt.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the chicken and mix well ensuring it coats the pieces thoroughly.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least for 10 hours.
- Grill for about 20-25 mins or until cooked, brushing with marinade several times, and finally with oil.
- During grilling, turn the chicken pieces frequently.
- Squeeze lemon juice and sprinkle chaat masala over the grilled chicken.
Recipe courtesy of Khushi Iyer