Tikhi Puri is a crispy and delicious deep fried Indian snack. It get its name ?Tikhi? from a Gujarati word meaning spicy. Tikhi puri is also known as masala puri or spicy puri. It is one of the most popular diwali occasion snack of Gujarat. It is generally, prepared with wheat flour and dry spices. This snack is wonderful and tasty treat for your friends and family on this Diwali occasion. Check out the similar snack recipe like Farsi Puri.
– 4 cups whole wheat flour
– 1/2 cup oil
– Salt to taste
– 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 10-15 teaspoons red chili powder ( or depending on how spicy you like )
– 3 teaspoons sesame seeds
– 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 1 teaspoon aniseeds
– 1 1/3 cups water
How To Cook?
1. In a large bowl, combine together all dry Ingredients and oil. Mix them well.
2. Now, add water gradually to the dry mixture of flour and knead stiff dough.
3. Apply little oil and cover the dough and set aside for 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes divide dough into 100 equal portion and roll out each portion into small portion, with the help of fork make some indents in puris so that doesn’t puff up while frying and put them on a newspaper.
5. Heat sufficient oil in a skillet over high heat and when is heated reduce the flame and deep fry the puris from both the side over low heat until golden.
6. Drain them on kitchen paper and store them in air-tight container.
7. Serve this delicious snack on Diwali occasion to your guests.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes