Spicy green chutney with charred tomato
2 cups fresh coriander leaves
2 medium sized stiff tomatoes
2-3 green chilies (as per taste)
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 whole red chilli or 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
1 teaspoon oil for tadka
1. Take whole tomatoes and grease with little oil. Char the tomatoes over high heat on a gas burner or grill tomatoes in a griller until done from all sides.
2. Remove the charred skin from tomatoes and keep it aside.
3. Wash coriander leaves, green chilies, coarsely chop them and keep aside.
4. In a blender grind the coriander leaves, chilies, charred tomatoes and cumin seeds with limited amount of water to maintain a thick consistency.
5. Add salt and lemon juice.
6. Now to prepare tadka take a small sauce pan and heat oil, add mustard seeds, red chilli and allow it to crackle.
7. Remove from heat and mix the tadka in the chutney.
8. Refrigerate it and serve with any snack as a side dish.
Cooking time: 15 minutes