• 1- Prepared Pie Crust
• 1/4 cup – Parmesan, grated
• 3/4 cup – Cheesy Garlic
• 3 tbsp – Lemon Juice,
• 1/4 cup – Fresh Basil, chopped
• Salt and Pepper
• 2 cups – Cheddar Cheese, grated
• 8-10 – Plum Tomatoes, sliced (any Tomato will do)
• 1/2cup – Scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place pie crust in oven and bake for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix parmesan cheese, cheesy garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Layer the tomatoes in the pie crust; sprinkle some of the basil on top of the tomatoes, cover with the mayonnaise mixture and sprinkle liberally with cheddar cheese. Repeat until pie crust is filled.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the crust is golden and the pie bubbly.
- Allow the pie to cool for at least 20 minutes. The pie is easier to cut and serve when cooled.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi