Smooth and healthy plain tomato soup
1/2 kg red ripe tomatoes
1.5 inch chopped ginger (optional)
1 clove garlic (optional)
1 sliced green chilli (optional)
2 1/2 cups water
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon-clove powder
1/4 teaspoon red chili powder (as per taste)
1 teaspoon cornflour (dissolved in water)
1 teaspoon butter
2 tablespoon sugar
Salt to taste
1. Slit each tomato into 4 parts. Pressure cook tomatoes, green chilli & ginger with water (approximately 3 whistles).
2. Remove from heat and cool.
3. Blend it in a mixer and strain the puree to remove seeds and peels.
4. Heat butter in a pan, add the whole garlic and fry for a few seconds.
5. Add tomato puree and stir for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add smooth cornflour paste (dissolved in water), stirring continuously, bring to a boil.
7. Season with black pepper powder, red chilli powder, cinnamon-clove powder, salt and sugar. Simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Garnish with fresh cream and pepper seasoning separately in each bowl.
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes