Famous Chinese delicacy made with Vegetable dumplings in spicy sauce
1 cup cauliflower, finely chopped
1 cup carrot, finely chopped
1 cup french beans, finely chopped
2-3 chopped green chilies, finely chopped
2 tablespoon maida (plain flour)
2 tablespoon corn flour
2 teaspoon soya sauce
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
1 cup finely chopped onions
1/4 cup finely chopped spring onions
1/2 cup chopped capsicum (optional)
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
3 chopped green chilies
2 tablespoon soya sauce
2 tablespoon green chilli sauce
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 tablespoon corn flour
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
3 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Boil cauliflower, carrot and french beans for 5-6 minutes in two cups of water. Drain water from the vegetables and keep the vegetable stock aside.
2. Mix maida, corn flour, soya sauce, green chilies and salt with the vegetables. If the mixture is too soft, add more maida.
3. Make balls of oval shape and roll them in dry maida.
4. Heat oil in a kadhai or pan and deep fry these balls until golden brown. Keep aside.
5. Heat oil in another pan, saute onions, garlic, green chilies, spring onions until transparent.
6. Then add ajinomotto, capsicum and fry until golden brown.
7. Add soya sauce, vinegar, chilli sauce, pepper powder, salt and mix well.
8. Now add 2 cups vegetable stock to the above mix and bring to boil.
9. Mix cornflour in little water to make a smooth paste. Add this cornflour paste to the gravy and stir for another 2-3 minutes.
10. Add fried Vegetable Manchurians into the gravy and boil for 2 minutes.
11. Serve hot.
Cooking time: 45-50 minutes