• 2 – Potatoes
• 1 – finely chopped Onion
• 100 g – chopped Carrots
• 100 g – Green peas
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• A pinch of Asafoetida powder
• 2 tsp – chick pea flour
• 2 eggs – white yolk only
• 1 cup – bread crumbs
• salt to taste
• oil for frying
- Cook potatoes, peas, and carrot separately.
- Drain water and keep aside.
- Mash the potatoes and along with this, add cooked peas, carrots, chopped onions, chilli powder, chick pea flour, asafoetida powder and salt.
- Without adding water, mix all the above ingredients.
- Make small balls and flatten those balls.
- In a pan, pour oil and allow to heat.
- Dip each ball in white yolk of the egg and then dip well in the bread crumbs.
- Deep-fry them till golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or with green chilli sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Chandra