1 cup curd
1/2 cup dry roasted vermicelli
1 green chilli chopped (optional)
1/4 teaspoon rock salt
Pinch of black pepper powder
1 whole dry red chilli
4-5 curry leaves
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
Salt to taste
Pinch of asafoetida
1 teaspoon ghee (clarified butter)
Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Beat curd with salt until smooth.
2. Soak vermicelli in warm water until soft.
3. Mix vermicelli, green chilies, rock salt, black pepper powder into the curd.
4. Now to prepare tadka take a small sauce pan and heat ghee, add asafoetida, mustard seeds, dry red chilli and curry leaves and allow it to crackle.
5. Remove from heat and mix the tadka in raita.
6. Garnish with coriander and serve.
Cooking time: 15 Minutes