Petha is very famous sweets of Agra. Angoori petha is very sweet in taste and tastes best due to kewda essence. Enjoy this another version of Petha.
– 1 kilo white pumpkin or bhopla
– 750 gram sugar
– 1 teaspoon cardamom seeds
– Silver or golden foil
– A few drops yellow food color
– 1/2 teaspoon kewda essence
– 1/2 teaspoon pan-ka-chuna
How To Cook?
1. Peel and cut the pumpkin into one inch cubes.
2. Pierce holes into each cube all over with the help of a sharp needle.
3. Dissolve chuna in a dekchi of boiling water, strain and put over the pumpkin cubes.
4. Set aside for 1 hour, then wash thoroughly over 10 to 12 changes of fresh water.
5. Boil in clean water till half done.
6. Put 2 cups water in sugar and prepare a thin syrup, put in the vegetable cubes, color and cardamom and cook till the syrup strings a thread.
7. Remove from fire, put in the essence, cool and cover each cube of vegetable with foil.
Prepration Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Servings: 4 Persons