Arbi cutlet is a very unique cutlet recipe made from colocasia roots. Arbi cutlet is easy and very healthy. In this recipe the colocasia are boiled, shaped into cutlets, shallow fried on hot tawa then tossed into spices and drizzle some lemon juice on the top. This crunchy delicacy is very crispy, tangy and mildly spiced. Enjoy your snack time with this amazing starter and serve it with green chutney.
– 10-12 arbi (colocasia roots)
– 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
– 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
– 1/2 teaspoon dry mango powder (optional)
– 2 teaspoon chaat masala
– 1 teaspoon lemon juice
– Rock salt to taste
– Fresh coriander leaves, for garnishing
How To Cook?
1. Wash and rinse the arbi well to get rid of the soil and mud.
2. In a pan, take some water add salt to it and bring it to boil.
3. When the water starts boiling, add arbi and boil them till it becomes soft or cooked completely.
4. Drain the arbi and let it cool a little then peel them.
5. Take each pieces and flatten them using your palms.
6. Heat the frying pan and rivulet some oil on the pan.
7. Fry the arbi from both the side till they turns golden-brown and crisp.
8. In a small bowl, place red chili powder, roasted cumin powder, dry mango powder, chaat masala and rock salt. Mix well.
9. Take fried arbi and toss them into the dry spices powder mixture.
10. Drizzle some lemon juice on the top of fried arbi.
11. Garnish arbi cutlet with chopped coriander leaves.
12. Serve this hot with coriander chutney or mint chutney or tamarind chutney.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2-3 Persons