Lady fingers stuffed with curd with Indian spices. Select small and young bhindi to make the dish more taste and to cook it in lesser time. Bharva dahi bhindi is a low calorie food. You can also cook masala bhindi to try bhindi in different flavor. Enjoy this bharva dahi bhindi with roti or chapatti.
– 500 gm bhindi (lady fingers)
– 5-6 baby onions
– Salt to taste
– 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
– 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 2 tablespoon coriander powder
– 2 teaspoon amchoor powder
– 2 teaspoon aniseeds (dry roast on a tawa and grind to a powder)
– 2-3 tablespoon curd
How To Make?
1. First wash and dry the bhindi.
2. Then cut a thin slice from the cap end of each bhindi. Make a slit lengthwise.
3. Peel, cut onions crosswise into 4 slits, keeping base intact.
4. Now, mix all the dry masalas – salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, amchoor and roasted aniseed.
5. Add 2 tablespoon water to the dry masala. Now, Stuff this masala in the bhindi and onions with the help of a knife.
6. Now, place bhindi in a shallow borosil dish and sprinkle 2-3 teaspoon of water. Cover it with an aluminum foil and cook in an oven for 20 minutes at 180C.
7. Keep stirring occasionally. Once it’s ready remove it from the oven.
8. Then, mix the bhindi with beaten curd and cook covered in a nonstick pan on LOW heat for about 5-6 minutes till done.
9. Serve hot with chapatti or Roti.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 4-5 Persons