Clafouti is a classic French dessert. It’s a combination of half cake and half pudding. It’s very easy to make cherry almond clafoutis at home. If you can’t find fresh cherries, then you can also use canned cherry pie filling for the recipe just drain off the liquid and follow the recipe procedure. Enjoy this easy to follow and low fat Cherry Almond Clafouti recipe with your family.
– 1 tablespoon sunflower or olive oil
– 225 gm fresh cherries, pitted
– 1 cup plain flour
– 1 egg
– 1 1/4 cups skimmed milk
– A few drops of almond essence
– 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
– 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
How To Make?
1. Brush a 20 cm/8 in shallow ovenproof serving dish with the oil.
2. Place the cherries in a single layer in the dish.
3. Sift the flour into a bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour and add the egg and half the milk.
4. Whisk until smooth. Stir in the remaining milk and the almond essence and pour over the cherries.
5. Sprinkle the almonds and sugar over.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 C for about 30 minutes until it becomes golden in color and set.
7. Serve hot.
Preparation Time: 20 Minute
Cooking Time: 40 Minute
Servings: 4 Person