A crispy stuffed maida Paratha with spicy potato and vegetable stuffing
2 cups maida (plain flour)
1/4 teaspoon salt
Water for kneading
2 large potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed
4-5 green chilies finely chopped
1 finely chopped onion
1 finely chopped capsicum
1 finely grated carrot
1/2 cup finely grated cauliflower
1/2 cup boiled and coarsely mashed peas
1 tablespoon coriander leaves finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
1/4 teaspoon amchur (dry mango powder)
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
Red chili powder to taste
Salt to taste
Oil or Ghee (clarified butter)
1. For the dough, sieve flour and salt together. Add little water at a time and knead into medium soft dough. Cover with a muslin cloth and keep aside.
2. For filling heat oil in a pan or kadhai, add cumin seeds and allow it to crackle.
3. Now add green chilies, onion and saute for until onion is transparent and not brown.
4. Now add capsicum, carrot, cauliflower, enough salt and fry over medium to low heat until the vegetables are tender and cooked. Cover pan with a lid if required for 5 minutes.
5. Once the Vegetables are cooked, add mashed potatoes, peas and mix well.
6. Add red chilli powder, garam masala, amchur, rest of the salt and mix well.
7. Add chopped coriander leaves and stir. Keep aside.
8. Divide the dough into small balls of equal portions. Roll two balls into thin round rotis at a time.
9. Now spread the prepared vegetable filling evenly on one of the roti leaving one inch border. Apply water on the border with your fingertips.
10. Now cover it by placing the other roti on top and seal the edges by pressing evenly on the border.
11. Now with the help of the roller, roll the closed roti once or twice so that the two rotis combine.
12. Greasing both sides with ghee, cook until both sides turn golden brown and paratha is cooked.