Aloo Chivda is a crunch fried potato snacks made with peanuts and cashews. During the Navratri and other fasting days we need some snacks for food. Aloo chivda is very common snacks food which is easy to make and also healthy recipe during fasting.
– 500 gm potatoes
– 100 gm Peanuts
– 100 gm dried coconut
– 50 gm broken cashews
– 50 gm Raisins
– 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
– Rock salt to taste
– 2-3 green chilies
– 8-10 curry leaves
– 1 1/2 tablespoon castor sugar
How To Make?
1. Wash and peel the potatoes and grate it with a thick grater and keep it aside.
2. Now, spread the grated potatoes on a kitchen towel and dry it for 20 minutes.
3. Now, heat the oil in a deep frying pan and deep fry the grated potatoes on MEDIUM flame till it becomes golden brown and crispy.
4. Drain the potatoes on absorbent paper and set aside to cool.
5. Now, on a LOW heat fry peanuts, cashewnuts, green chilies, raisins and curry leaves. Drain on an absorbent paper.
6. In a bowl add potatoes, peanuts, cashewnuts, green chilies, raisins, curry leaves, dried coconut, sugar, castor sugar, sesame seeds and rock salt and mix it well.
7. let it cool, when it cool down completely its ready to serve. Also, you can store it in an airtight container.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Servings: 4 persons