Chakli also known as chakri is a perfect Diwali snacks recipe. You can make chakri with wheat flour, Maida and rice flour. I made chakri from rice flour. Rice flour crispy and savory pinwheels enjoyed as an Indian snack. Let’s make chakri with some easy to follow steps.
– 1 cup rice flour
– 1/2 cup refined flour (maida)
– 1 Stick/4 oz butter
– 1 tablespoon ginger-green chili paste
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
– 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera]
– 1 1/2 cups buttermilk (‘/2 cup plain yogurt mixed with 1 cup water)
– 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
– 2 cup oil for frying
How To Cook?
1. In a mixing bowl combine butter, ginger green chili paste, salt, red chili powder, turmeric and cumin seed.
2. Add the rice flour and refined flour mix together and pour the butter milk to knead a soft dough, yet arm dough. Keep aside.
3. Now, use the chakris maker, tum the handle like lever, anticlockwise to open a cylinder like shaped container and place a small portion of the chakri dough, close it clockwise and rotate to pipe out circular shaped chakri’s onto a parchment paper, by using a star like shaped disc’s that comes with the chakri maker. Again rotate handle anticlockwise to prevent dough from coming out.
4. Heat the oil in a fryer and carefully lift each chakri using a ?at spatula and deep-fry on MEDIUM heat till it gets a light golden color, dip and fry on other side too.
5. Remove chakri from oil and store in air tight container.
6. Enjoy this snack with hot tea or coffee or just as a snack.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Servings: 3-5 Persons