Delicious baked dish with mushrooms in pesto sauce
2 cups noodles
2 1/2 cups portabella mushrooms, thinly sliced
3 cups white sauce
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/3 cup pine nuts (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup basil pesto sauce
2 tablespoon olive oil
1. Boil noodles in lightly salted water for 8 to 10 minutes or until done. Drain and keep aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan and saute mushrooms with little salt and pepper until tender.
3. Preheat oven to 375 °F (unless preparing in advance).
4. Grease the bottom of a large and deep bake dish with butter.
5. Spread some pesto sauce along the bottom of the dish.
6. Spread a layer of boiled noodles and mushroom mixture. Spread a little of the white sauce on top of the mushrooms.
7. Add another layer of noodles and a thin layer of pesto sauce on top.
8. Sprinkle some grated cheese. Continue to layer in this manner until noodles and mushrooms are used up.
9. On top spread little white sauce, pesto sauce, remaining cheese and pine nuts.
10. Bake lasagne for about 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and cheese melts and turns brown on top.
11. Spread a layer of the baked brinjal. Spread some tomato sauce on top of this layer and sprinkle cheese mixture to cover the layer.
12. Now spread the peppers in a layer. Spread tomato sauce on top and sprinkle cheese mixture to cover.
13. Continue in this manner until all the layers are complete, using a different vegetable for each layer.
14. On top spread little tomato sauce and the remaining cheese mixture.
15. Bake lasagne for about 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and cheese melts and turns brown on top.
16. Serve hot.