1 litre Milk
11/2 teaspoon vinegar or 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice or citric acid
1. Boil milk in a heavy bottom sauce pan.
2. While boiling add lemon juice or vinegar or citric acid, while stirring.
3. If citric acid is being used, dissolve it in 2 tablespoon of water before adding.
4. When milk curdles or coagulates, turn off the gas and keep aside for 5 minutes.
5. Pour it onto a cotton/muslin cloth and tie it with a tight knot to drain off the excess water.
6. When all the water is drained from the paneer, shape it into a rectangular block.
7. Now place the cloth under heavy weight preferably for 2-3 hours before using it.