2 cups whole meal (wheat) flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
Water for kneading
Oil or Ghee (clarified butter) for applying
1. For the dough, sieve flour and salt together. Add little water at a time and knead into a medium dough.
2. Divide the dough into small balls of equal portions. Roll each ball into a shape of small round roti (puri).
3. Apply oil or ghee on one side and fold the roti into a semi circle and fold it inwards.
4. Again apply oil and fold into a triangle.
5. Apply a little dry flour and roll it into a full-sized paratha.
6. Greasing both sides with ghee, cook until both sides turn golden brown and paratha is cooked.