North Indian speciality made with sarson greens
1 bunch sarson greens (fresh mustard leaves)
1 bunch fresh spinach leaves
1 onion grated
1/2 teaspoon ginger grated
1/2 teaspoon garlic grated
3 green chilies
2 chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon ghee
1 tablespoon oil or butter
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 tablespoon maize flour (makki ka atta)
Salt to taste
1. Pick leaves from sarson and spinach bunches, wash, drain and chop.
2. Heat oil or butter directly in the pressure cooker.
3. Add chopped sarson, spinach and green chilies. Stir fry for a minute.
4. Add ginger, garlic and stir fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add salt and 1 cup water.
6. Pressure cook until done (2 whistles approximately).
7. Mash or grind to make a smooth paste.
8. Heat ghee in a pan, add onion, saute until golden brown. Add tomatoes fry until oil separates.
9. Add garam masala, red chilli powder, maize flour and fry for a minute.
10. Add lemon juice and mix well. Garnish with butter.
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes