Mixed vegetables pickled in spices
3/4 cup (150 gm) carrot, diced
3/4 cup (150 gm) radish, diced
3/4 cup (150 gm) cauliflower, small florets
3/4 cup (150 gm) beans, diced
3/4 cup (150 gm) green chilies, sliced
3/4 cup (150 gm) ginger, sliced
6 big lemons
1/4 cup (50 gm) mustard seeds
1/4 cup (50 gm) fenugreek seeds
1/4 cup (50 gm) cumin seeds
2 tablespoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon kashmiri mirch
1/4 cup (50 gm) salt
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
Pinch of hing (asafoetida)
1 cup (200 gm) mustard oil
3/4 cup (150 gm) vinegar
Pinch of soda-bi-carb
1. Clean and boil all the vegetables except lemons, in water for 5 minutes.
2. Drain and wipe dry them completely.
3. Heat 2 tablespoon oil and rub it on the vegetables.
4. Slightly roast cumin seeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. Cool and grind into a smooth powder.
5. Mix salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder into the ground powder and keep aside.
6. Heat remaining oil and cool until lukewarm. Add hing, the powdered masala, vinegar and mix well.
7. Toss the vegetables in this mixture and add soda-bi-carb.
8. Mix well and fill in a pickle jar to preserve.
9. It will be ready to eat in 2-3 days.