Irresistible chocolate and cream truffle coated with cocoa powder
360 gm dark chocolate bar
100 ml strong black coffee
125 gm unsalted butter
2 tbsp whipped cream
2 tsp roasted almonds
2 tbsp melted white chocolate
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp chocolate flakes
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
2 tbsp crushed almonds
1. Cut the chocolate into pieces using a knife.
2. Place in a double boiler with coffee and stir until a thick paste is formed.
3. Remove from heat and cool for a few minutes.
4. Add butter, roasted almonds and mix well.
5. Stir in cream and mix gently.
6. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Once this mixture cools, it will form a hard mixture that can be molded into shapes.
7. Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out small balls or simply use your hands to form rough spheres.
8. Refrigerate these balls again for 5-10 minutes.
9. Now dip these truffles in melted white chocolate.
10. Coat one fourth of the truffles with cocoa powder.
11. Likewise coat each fourth of the truffles variously with chocolate flakes, desiccated coconut or crushed almonds.
12. These truffles can then be stored at cool room temperature in an airtight container for at least a month.