• 2 cups – fresh, finely grated Coconut
• 1 cup – besan flour
• 3 cups – Sugar
• 1 cup – Milk
• For Flavouring:
• 1/2 cup – Ghee
• 1/2 tsp – Cardamom powder
• Cashew nuts roasted in Ghee (optional)
- In a heavy bottomed vessel or kadai, mix all the ingredients together.
- Heat the vessel on a low flame and stir continuously.
- The sugar starts to melt and the batter begins to dilute.
- Keep stirring for 10-15 minutes until the batter leaves the edges of the vessel.
- At this point, add the ghee little by little.
- Keep stirring the batter and add the cardamom powder as well.
- The mixture should be taken off the heat when it leaves the edges of the pan and slight bubbles begin to surface.
- Empty the contents on to a greased plate and spread evenly with a flat spoon greased with ghee.
- When it turns slightly cold, cut into the desired shape.
Recipe courtesy of Remanika