• 2 – large potatoes, washed and thinly sliced
• 1 cup – singara atta (waterchestnut flour)
• 1 tsp – salt
• 2 – green chillies, finely crushed in a mixie
• Oil for deep frying
- Mix together flour, salt, chillies.
- Add enough water to make a batter of thick pouring consistency.
- Batter should coat the back of the spoon well.
- Add 1 tsp hot oil. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Dip potato slices in the batter, one at a time, and fry in hot oil.
- Allow it to turn light golden brown.
- Flip and allow the other side to fry.
- Drain and place on absorbent paper, to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot, with chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi