• ?cup – Rice
• 750 g – fish fillets (pomfret)
• 2 Lemon juice
• 2 to 3 tsp – Red Chilli powder (or as per taste)
• 2 tsp – Cumin seed powder
• ?tsp – chaat masala powder
• 1 tsp – ajwain
• few drops Orange color
• oil for deep frying
• salt to taste
• To be Ground:
• 2.5 – Ginger
• 10 to 12 Cloves Garlic
• few fresh Mint leaves
• 5 Green chillies
- Clean and wash the fish.
- Apply lemon juice and salt and keep aside for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Wash and the soak the rice for an hour.
- Grind the ingredients to be ground into a fine paste.
- Grind the soaked rice with little water to a fine but little thick batter.
- Add the ground mint paste, red chilli powder, cumin seed powder, chaat masala powder, ajwain, few drops of orange colour and little salt. Mix well.
- Marinate the fish pieces in this batter for 40 minutes.
- Deep fry in hot oil on a medium flame till done and the fish is golden.
- Serve hot with green chutney, onion kachumbar and lemon wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja