• Grated one full Coconut
• Coconut water taken from one Coconut
• Long grain Rice – 3 cups (soak the Rice for 10 hours)
• Sugar – 1.5 cup
• Yeast – 1/2 tsp
• Salt to taste
- Wash rice and drain.
- Blend the coconut, rice and sugar together until it becomes very creamy.
- Consistency of batter can be like dosa batter.
- Add the coconut water to blend the mixture.
- Add 1 tsp of hot water to yeast.
- Mix it very well in the batter. Keep it for 8 hours to ferment.
- The batter will be bubbly.
- Add a pinch of baking soda, salt and mix the batter.
- Heat skillet with oil. Pour batter and make it like pancake or dosa.
- Cover with a lid. Do not flip the appam.
- Remove the lid in a couple of minutes to make sure it is cooked.
- Serve with meat curry or potato stew.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi