• 3 – apples, medium size (peeled and sliced)
• 1 – Egg
• 1/4 cup – Milk
• 3/4 cup – Sugar
• 1 cup – all purpose flour
• 1tsp – baking powder
• 1/2 tsp – salt
• 1 tsp – Cinnamon powder
• 2 tsp – melted Butter
• 1 tbsp – vanilla extract
• 2 tsp – almonds, coarsely crushed
• 1 tsp -raisins, chopped
- Beat egg, sugar and milk in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour slowly to the egg mix and mix well so that there are no lumps.
- Batter should be of thick pouring consistency.
- Now add vanilla extract, cinnamon powder, chopped raisins and almonds.
- Grease a baking dish (2-2.5 quarts) with butter. Arrange apple slices on the dish without gaps.
- Pour the batter mix over the apples to cover the entire fruit.
- Place the dish in pre-heated oven (350 degrees C) and bake for 30 minutes.
- Apple cobbler would be ready if it is lightly browned on top.
- Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Devipriya Anand