Australian Fruit cake is a perfect choice for Christmas and weeding cakes. You can choose all your favorite seasonal fruit to make this recipe more yummy.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 Hours
Servings: 4-6 Person
– 1 kg mixed fruit
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 250 gm chopped butter, chopped
– 2 tablespoons brandy
– 4 lightly beaten eggs
– 2 teaspoons parisienne essence
– 1 cup plain flour, sifted
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 2 tablespoons brandy (extra)
How To Cook?
1. Combine the first mixed fruit, brown sugar, butter and brandy in a large bowl. Cover and cook for 4 mints on HIGH flame. Stirring once. Allow to cool slightly.?
2. Stir in eggs and parisienne essence, followed by dry Ingredients
3. Pour into a greased 20 cm cake container
4. Cook for 5 mints on HIGH flame
5. Using a 3 cm foil strip, place around the outside of cake plastic container. (This will prevent the outside from overcooking before the center is cooked)
6. Cook a further 5 mints on HIGH flame
7. Stand for 10 mints before turning out
8. Pour over extra brandy.
You can also decorate the cake with extra glace fruits if desired.