• 1/2 cup – Almonds
• 2 cups – Milk
• 3 tbsp – Sugar
• 5 – cardamoms, crushed
• A pinch of saffron, soaked in lukewarm Milk
- Boil half a litre of water in a sauce pan.
- Add the almonds when the water is boiling and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the flame and drain.
- Remove the skin of the almonds and grind to a fine paste.
- Boil the milk in a thick-bottomed pan.
- When the milk begins to boil, add the almond paste and the sugar and cook for 5 minutes over a low flame stirring continuously.
- Remove from the heat. Add the dissolved saffron and the crushed cardamoms.
- Allow to cool and serve chilled.
Recipe courtesy of Jyoti Singla