• Maida flour – 2 cups
• Butter – 4 tsps
• Hot Sugar syrup – as needed
• Cloves – A few
• Cooking oil
• For stuffing:
• Almonds – A few
• Cashew nuts – A few
• Shredded Coconut – 200 g
• Cardamom – A few
• Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
• Milkmaid – 1/2 cup
• Raisins – A few
• Pistachio nuts – A few
- To maida, add butter and mix them well.
- Sprinkle with water to obtain a hard dough.
- Keep aside for 1-2 hours.
- Mix ingredients for the stuffing. Keep aside.
- Prepare hot sugar syrup by dissolving some sugar in water and heating to get one-string consistency.
- Flatten dough to around 5-6 cms in diameter and place stuffing on it.
- Fold the dough in such a way that the stuffing is securely held in place inside.
- One way to secure this filling is by piercing the clove through the folds.
- Fry this stuffed dough in oil and place these in the hot sugar syrup for 2-3 minutes.
- Baklava is ready for serving.
Recipe courtesy of Rajesh Krishna